8B Unit4 Welcome to the unit教案
Teaching aims: 1.To introduce the different kinds of books. 2.To discuss the favourite books. 3. To train the Ss’ interest in liking reading books.
4. To develop a good habit of reading books. Teaching importance & difficulties: 1.To introduce the different kinds of books. 2.To discuss the favourite books. 3. To develop a good habit of reading books. Teaching aids:
1.To introduce the different kinds of books. 2.To discuss the favourite books. Teaching steps: Step 1 Lead-in 1. Free talk What do you like doing in your free time?
Step 2 Presentation 1. Enjoy a film.
2. Present : novel/science fiction/ugly/touch……
3. Present Eddie and Hobo’s dialogue, watch and answer the questions.
(1) Does Eddie really like to read?
(2) Why does Eddie want the books? 4. Listen to the tape and read after it. 5. Work in pairs and act out the dialogue Step 3 Presenting different types of books 1. Let the students give Eddie some advice on how to make him interested in
(Cooking books) 2. Present other types of books. 3. Write the type of book under each picture. 4. Check the answers
5. Ask students the reasons for reading the types of books. 6. Work in pairs to practise a dialogue “In the bookshop”.
Step 4 Presentation 1. Listen to the tape and answer the following questions: What does Daniel like to read? What about Sandy? 1. Read and answer Why does Daniel like reading history books? What book does Sandy think is great? 2. Read after the tape 3. Work in pairs and make up a new dialogue. Step 5 Recommendation 1. Recommend a good read to others. What’s the title of the book?
What’s the book about?
What do you think of the book?
2. Show time. Step 6 Homework
1. Read the text book and learn the new words and phrases by heart. 2. Finish the exercises in the workbook.